10.07.2009

Pony Cake


I have this faint memory from Cincinnati when I was about three, and it's probably mostly a created memory built over time from hearing the stories over and over again. It's about this nickel and dime shop at the end of our street. My mom used to give me pennies to go buy tootsie rolls. I "remember" it was just a store front with a faded metal sign that said "Pony Cake." The Shelves lining the wall below the counter would be packed with every candy you could imagine. Sometimes I'd save up to buy a "now and later" for a nickel. The green one was my favorite.
I have always dreamed about opening a quaint little coffee shop/ bakery but how fun would it be to open a candy shop? Maybe I'll open a coffee store/bakery/candy store and call it The Pony Cake: coffee, sweets and more! Maybe there will be karaoke on Tuesdays too.


No comments: