12.23.2009

It's almost new year, and I've been thinking I need to restart for months now. I woke up this morning with a strange phrase caught in my mind. Must have been incorporated into a dream;
"love forever unquestioningly, while questioning everything."
I kind like the way it sounds. It sounds a little like what I want my tattoo to look like. But I'll never get that tattoo, it would be too permanent. Permanent being the point, I guess, that I can't bring myself to live with.
What is with commitments that leave me imagining myself as an abandoned kitten in a thunder storm?
Speaking of kittens, I want to adopt a cat. Talk about commitment.
Make sense out of that one!
The great thing about pets is that they love you unconditionally and that never really changes. Everyone needs some love like that.
The great thing about cats is that they like their semi-independence. Of course they expect their dinner every night but they don't act as if their owners really "own" them. They can also be infinitely entertaining without being completely time-consuming.
I'm going to start looking for nearby rescues, or shelters after christmas. As you can imagine they make for cute gifts but often get turned into shelters after the holidays as unwanted as an bright green oversized sequined holiday sweater from your great aunt Mildred.
Don't worry Cat, I'll give you a home!

No comments: